The Department for International Trade (DIT) has now published its 2021-22 inward investment report which provides some interesting insights into a variety of areas including:
- the amount of FDI projects over their last financial year (an overall increase of 3%);
- the amount of activity across the UK (London seeing the highest number of projects);
- statistics relating to top source markets for FDI projects into the UK, the top three being US, India and Germany;
- sector activity for projects, new jobs and safeguarded jobs; and
- the amount of increased activity in large capital investment.
Paul Browne, Head of International Trade, commented: ‘It is good to see these results, not only to see increased investment into the UK but also and how they align with our own firm-wide sector strategies and focus jurisdictions relating to FDI".
You can find the report here: