From today (13 May) anyone in England can move home again. This will come as welcome relief to developers and investors alike as the housing market in England begins to restart. In summary:
- The Housing Secretary has announced a plan to enable people to move home safely and to re-start the housing market in line with social distancing advice
- Estate agents’ offices can open; viewings are permitted; show homes can open; removal companies and the other essential parts of the sales and letting process are re-started with immediate effect
- More than 450,000 buyers and renters have been unable to progress their plans to move since March.
- New guidance has been announced to allow extended working hours on construction sites and to make the planning system operate remotely again
- A ‘Safe Working Charter’ has been launched by the government and the Home Builders Federation, enabling home builders to return to work safely
From today (13 May) anyone in England can move home if they follow new guidance published by Housing Secretary Robert Jenrick.